The peaceful village of Lower Heyford is on the Oxford Canal.
The Garden was landscaped by William Kent in the 18th century and remains almost unchanged,
a rare example of the first phase of English landscape design. Features include ponds, cascades, buildings
and views of the River Cherwell. Walled garden with herbacious borders, small parterre, pigeon house and espalier apple trees.
The House was built in 1635 by Sir Robert Dormer and is still owned by the same family.
No tearoom but visitors are welcome to bring a picnic. Tel. 01869 347110.
Open Gardens open Daily 1000-dusk, last admission 1630. House open only by appointment. Please note that children under 15 are not admitted except by prior arrangement.