Faversham is on a tidal creek of the Swale and was once a busy port. The old Guildhall remains in the Market Square and there are many other attractive buildings, particularly in Abbey Street. Faversham makes a good base for exploring East Kent by train. Faversham is pronounced 'Fa-ver-shum'.
TI Fleur de Lis Heritage Centre, 11-13 Preston Street. Tel. 01795 534542.
A thousand years of Faversham's history brought to life with displays and videos.
Tel. 01795 534542.
Open M-S 1000-1600, Sun 1000-1300.
A guided tour of Britain's oldest brewers showing how beer is made from hop to hand-pump.
Tel. 01795 542016.
Open please visit the website to book a tour.
Restored watermills, once part of a gunpowder factory.
Tel. 01795 534542 (Heritage Centre).
Open Easter-Oct, SSu & BH 1400-1700.
A medieval building, forming part of a hospital, royal lodge and almshouse, houses Roman artefacts
from nearby sites.
Open Apr-Oct, SSu & BH 1400-1700.
Home of the National Fruit Collections with hundreds of varieties of apple, pear, plum, cherry
and bush fruits in 150 acres of orchards. Guided tours available (see website). Programme of festivals celebrating fruit.
Tearoom. Tel. 01795 536250.
Open Apr-Oct, Daily 1000-1700. Nov-Mar, M-F 1000-1600.