Prittlewell Priory was founded by the Cluniac Order in the early 12th century. Much of building was destroyed in 1536 but
a few original features survive despite alterations and rebuilding in the 18th and 20th centuries. An exhibition inside explores the lives of
former residents from the 13th Cluniac Monks to the Victorian Scratton family, the last to live in the Priory before it opened as Southend's
first museum in 1922. Ornamental walled gardens. Visitor Centre. Refreshments.
Open Mar-Oct, WThFSSu & BH 1100-1700. Nov-Feb, SSu 1100-1600.