Reigate is a market town with some historic buildings including the Old Town Hall dating from 1708. Little remains of Reigate Castle which was demolished in 1648 but the grounds are now a public park. The tunnel under the castle grounds was built in 1823. The North Downs Way LDP is 1 mile from Reigate station.
The 'caves' are mostly left over from mining the soft sandstone beneath the site of Reigate Castle.
Barons' and Tunnel Road West Caves can be seen by guided tour but the Tunnel Road East Cave is self-guided.
Note that the caves contain stairs, ramps and some soft and uneven floors so good footwear is important.
Hard hats are provided.
Open please see website for open days.
The Museum shares the historic Priory with Reigate Priory School, it is set in open parkland
with gardens and a lake. The collection includes local history and domestic items as well as period costumes.
Tel. 01737 244524. Admission free.
Open W & S 1400-1630 during school term time. Closed for repairs - please check website.
Reigate Hill is part of the North Downs and there are great views south across the Weald from the 19th-century
Reigate Fort at the top. The chalk downland supports rare wild flowers and insects, including the Adonis Blue butterfly.
Gatton Park was designed by Capability Brown with mature trees, lakes and lush pastures. Walks can be downloaded from the website.
Tel. 01372 220640. Admission free.
Open at all times.